Module 5 - Making sense of intense emotions
Chapter 5: Coping with your loneliness
Making sense of intense emotions
- After the death of someone close, you might experience emotions you have never felt before.
- There is always a reason for our feelings and lessons we can learn from them. What do you think your emotions are telling you?
- It is important to think about your feelings of anger, guilt, fear, sadness and loneliness and try to make sense of them.
- As you learn about your feelings and yourself when you are grieving, this increased self-awareness can be comforting and healing.
- If you are overwhelmed and not able to cope with your feelings of anger, guilt, fear, sadness or loneliness, consider talking to your family doctor or a counsellor.