Module 5 - Making sense of intense emotions
Chapter 2: Coping with your guilt
- Guilt and regrets are normal but sometimes very painful. They are also inevitable.
- It is common to feel guilty about decisions you made when caring for the dying person.
- People often feel guilty over things they could not control. This guilt is unreasonable.
- Many people have unfair expectations of themselves while caring for the dying person.
- Remember you went through a difficult time and did the best you could.