Module 6 - Managing difficult situations
Chapter 3: Living without my spouse or partner
Managing difficult situations
- Difficult situations are almost impossible to avoid when you are grieving a loss, and they can generate strong emotions.
- Certain sights, sounds, smells, objects, events, places or people can trigger waves of grief.
- People who are grieving usually find that they have to balance their time between facing their loss and taking a break from grieving.
- At times, we have to find ways to respond constructively to unwelcome advice and awkward social encounters.
- Becoming confident that you are able to survive and even thrive in the face of tremendous adversity can be a silver lining around a cloud of loss.