Module 6 - Managing difficult situations
Chapter 2: Common situations
- Unfortunately, not all support when you are grieving is helpful. You might have heard some “clumsy condolences” from friends or family wanting to be helpful.
- Try to think of a way that you can respond to “clumsy condolences” that will be productive.
- It is okay if you need some distance from family members following a loss.
- Depending on your personal situation, you may choose to re-connect with family and friends - or decide that your wisest course of action is to stay away.
- Sorting through the belongings of someone you care about can be painful but is necessary.