It's up to you to decide what works best for you. Everyone experiences grief differently. You may find that some topics or sections are more useful as you move through grief and your needs change. There are nine modules, all of which include text
and videos. You choose the content you are interested in. You can pick certain subjects or browse through all of the content. You can visit the site as many times as you want.
If you are working in healthcare, volunteering, or a student, you have the option to register to receive a certificate of completion for each module you complete. Go to “Login” to register.
Is there a cost to using MyGrief.ca?
There is no charge for Canadians to access the modules.
The home page includes a list of modules. Click on a module to begin
Finding content and moving through modules
Content is arranged in chapters and pages. Click a Chapter to see the pages and topics covered. You can move through the module pages using the list on the left-hand side or using the arrows at the bottom of the page. To return to the home page
click the “MyGrief.ca” logo at the top of the screen. Each module includes video clips of people sharing their grief experiences as well as guidance by grief specialists.
- Click on the play > button to start the video.
- To view full screen click the four arrows icon in the right bottom corner.
- Press esc (escape) button to exit full screen.
Some of the pages have interactive features, including content sliders, flip boxes, and pop-up boxes that will provide more in-depth information. Follow the instructions to open the content.
There are no tests or exams
in MyGrief.ca. Questions for reflection are included to help you think about your experience. Each module also contains multiple links to helpful resources to learn more.
What if I become distressed?
The content may cause uncomfortable or strong emotions. If this happens, you may wish to stop viewing the content (you can return to the content later). You may want to contact a trusted family member, friend or colleague. You can also connect
with the Canadian Virtual Hospice’s healthcare team by accessing our Ask a Professional feature. A member of the Canadian Virtual Hospice team will respond within three business days to your question (not including Canadian statutory holidays). There is no charge for this service. This service is only available to residents of Canada.
Connect with others
The Canadian Virtual Hospice’s Discussion Forums provide a safe environment where you
can communicate with caring people who are in a similar situation. It is a good place to share experiences and find support. You can view discussions without becoming a member.
What is the survey at the end of the modules?
Your feedback helps us to improve MyGrief.ca. The survey at the end of each module takes about two minutes to complete. Your responses tells us what is working well and what needs to be improved. It will
guide upgrades and helps our funders understand the impact of their investment.
Can I use a cellphone or tablet
MyGrief.ca is compatible with all platforms using any browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari). You can scroll through it using cellphones, tablets, personal computers.
What if I have questions?
If you have questions, email us at email@example.com
What if I have technical problems?
If you have trouble accessing MyGrief.ca, logging in, or with any of the content, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive a certificate for continuing education credits
If you want to receive a certificate of completion, be sure to create an account and log in before working through the modules.
Create an account
- To create an account, select "Login" in the top navigation.
- Select "Create a new account" under "Is this your first time here?"
- Complete the new account form and select "Create my new account."
- You will receive an email to your registered email address with a link to verify your account. Check your junk/spam email folder for the registration confirmation email.
- After verifying your account, continue to the home page to start module 1.
- View module content (working through modules)
- When you are logged into your account, you will see "My Dashboard" in the top navigation rather than the menu option to login.
- You may access the modules without creating an account (by using guess access from the login screen), however your progress will not be recorded or count towards a certificate of completion.
- To optimize understanding, we suggest that you work through the sections from start to finish.
- Use the arrows at the bottom of the page to scroll through the module.
- Navigate among pages using the list of modules, chapters and topics on the left hand side.
- You can stop at any time and your place in the course will be saved.
- To view your progress on any module or to verify you have completed a module, visit "My Dashboard."
- The system will automatically create a certificate of completion for each module, which will be emailed to you. Please save it for your records.
- If you completed a module, but did not receive a certificate of completion, check your spam/junk email folder.
- Email email@example.com for further support if needed.
Please refer to your local professional accrediting body for more information on continuing education eligibility and how to submit your proof of completion.
Disclaimer and privacy
This information is not meant to replace professional services. Individuals who use this content do so by their own choice. While care has been taken to ensure that this course reflects the state of general knowledge and expert consensus about
end-of-life and grief at the date of publication, Canadian Virtual Hospice does not make any warranty or guarantee in respect to any of the contents or information nor accept responsibility or liability whatsoever for any errors or omissions,
regardless of whether those errors or omissions were made negligently or otherwise. For further information, view our