There don’t seem to be words to fully describe the experience of caregiving. – Caregiver of a person with heart failureThe death of a family member may be one of the most challenging experiences of your life. Many people aren’t aware of what happens to someone as they are dying and are often unprepared for what happens after the death.
There are many pressing demands that need to be sorted out once a person has died, and although it may be difficult to be prepared, having a basic idea of some of these details can help.
This module will provide you with information about these topics:
- How you will know that death has occurred and some suggestions for preparing yourself
- When other family members are not able to be present at the time of death
- Suggestions for the first few hours after the death
- General details about obtaining a death certificate
- Basic information about funerals, celebrations of life, or other ways to recognize the person’s life
- Basic information and resources about grief