Module 8 - Do I need more help and where do I find it?
Chapter 2: Where do I get help?
Do I need more help and where do I find it?
- While most people are able to move through their grief, others become stuck.
- Some people become depressed. Grief and depression are different but difficult to tell apart for the first 3 months after someone close dies.
- If there is no improvement in how you are feeling after 6 to 9 months, consider seeking help to manage your grief.
- Support is available from friends, family and acquaintances; faith and spiritual communities; grief and bereavement support groups; professional counsellors and online forums.
- If you are considering harming yourself, seek help immediately from 9-1-1, a crisis centre, your local emergency department or health centre, your family doctor or member of your health care team.