Chapter 2: Where do I get help?


Individual counselling with a mental health professional or spiritual care provider can also be helpful. If you are employed, check your health benefits to see if you have access to an Employee Assistance Program or insurance coverage for private counselling.

Ask your doctor or other member of the health team for recommendations.

You may wish call ahead to ask if the professional has expertise in grief counselling.