Module 8 - Do I need more help and where do I find it?
Chapter 1: When do I need help coping?
- Many people feel stuck in their grief, that they are not starting to feel better.
- Grief and depression are different. It may be hard to tell them apart for the first three months after the death of someone important to you.
- If you are not starting to feel better within 6 to 9 months after the death, share how you are feeling with your doctor, other health care provider or spiritual advisor.
- If you are thinking about harming yourself soon, go the nearest Emergency Room or call 9-1-1.
- If you are considering harming yourself in the future, contact your doctor or a mental health professional immediately or call your provincial crisis agency.