Module 4 - Moving through grief
Chapter 2: Stuck in grief
Moving through grief
- After the death of someone important, you may experience various losses such as loss of purpose, companionship, trust, and identity. Just naming your losses can help you understand your grief and what must be done to adjust to life without this person.
- Adjusting to life without this person is difficult and takes courage. Making plans and being open to change and new experiences can help.
- People become stuck in their grief because of certain behaviours and things they tell themselves after someone has died.
- Changes in thoughts and actions can help you to become "unstuck."
- Think about the kind of support you need to move through your grief - and find the courage to ask for it.