Chapter 2: Common situations
While you are grieving, you may get a lot of advice, often from goodhearted people wanting to be supportive. Unfortunately, not all well-intentioned support is helpful. You might have heard some of these "clumsy condolences" from well-meaning friends or family:
- "Nothing good comes from feeling sorry for yourself."
- "You're strong. You'll get over it."
- "You have to pick yourself up and keep going."
- "Time heals all wounds."
- "He's in a better place."
- "You can always have another child."